It's hard to believe it's been 32 months since we founded RiseSmart in February 2007. Both because the time has flown by, and because we've accomplished so much in such a short period with the help of our employees, investors, business partners -- and especially our customers. We recently put together a fact sheet in preparation for our participation at the HR Technology Conference & Expo in Chicago next week (Booth 131 -- come see us!), so I thought I'd share it here also:
RiseSmart Fact Sheet
- San Jose, Calif.-based RiseSmart is transforming the way companies provide outplacement services and individuals use the Web to find jobs.
- RiseSmart Transition Concierge, the company’s outplacement offering, was highlighted in an Aug. 20 Wall Street Journal story as a low-cost, high-tech alternative to traditional outplacement services.
- RiseSmart surveys of more than 300 workers in the spring and summer of 2009 gave Transition Concierge a 92 percent user satisfaction rate.
- An independent 2009 survey of 355 U.S. employers by the Institute for Corporate Productivity showed that the average employer paid more than $5,000 per executive or manager for three to six months of outplacement services – more than twice the cost of Transition Concierge.
- A 2008 survey by Kelton Research showed that online jobseekers who do not have the benefit of RiseSmart’s services are spending an enormous amount of time -- an average of 50 hours per month -- searching the Web for jobs.
- Founded in February 2007, RiseSmart has received $4.5 million in funding, including $3 million in Series A financing from Norwest Venture Partners (NVP) in 2008 and $1.5 million in seed funding across 2007.
- The company’s leadership team includes Sanjay Sathe, founder and CEO; Dan Davenport, vice president of operations and finance; and Hitesh Shah, vice president of engineering. Venkat Mohan, general partner of NVP, serves with Sathe on the company’s board of directors.
Thanks for reading the RiseSmart Blog -- and for following our progress.