None of us could have anticipated the speed and degree with which COVID-19 (coronavirus) is spreading, affecting the well-being of so many people around the world, impacting businesses and catching us all off guard.
We all look forward to the day when this pandemic is over but understand that this will likely have some lasting and permanent changes. To provide the information and support that you may need in this uncertain time, we have assembled this resources page that includes our own content and third-party content that you may find helpful. This page will be updated regularly.
HR leadership during a crisis:
How to remain personally resilient to lead your organization.
Join Randstad RiseSmart’s Lindsay Witcher, VP of Practice Strategy, and Executive Career Coach Emma Garrett to learn how you can increase your effectiveness and resiliency, as well as that of others, during this crisis and beyond.
Tuesday, March 31, 12pm PT | 3pm ET
articles and vlogs
managing emotions around COVID-19: use this 7-step model for resiliency.
Learn how to manage stress and build the skill of resiliency.
- leading through crisis – 8 tips for navigating turbulent times.
Timeless insights on inspiring your teams to rise to the occasion.
helpful information from around the web
- 13 Home Office Upgrades You Need If You Work Remotely
These upgrades pay for themselves in health, happiness, and productivity.
- The Remote Working Parent’s Survival Guide
Lessons in work-life balance for remote working parents *and* their companies
- Working From Home During The Coronavirus Pandemic: What You Need To Know
Here’s everything you need to know about working from home during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Harvard Business Review: What It Takes to Run a Great Virtual Meeting
Practical steps for successful remote meetings, published 3.5.20
- 5 tech tools powering remote work amid the coronavirus outbreak
Covers teleconferencing, collaboration, data access, security and virtual workplace tools, published 3.9.20
- Working from home tips I’ve learned after working from home for 12 years
Tips for employees and team leads, published 3.15.20
impact to business and the economy
- The Places a Covid 19 Recession Will Likely Hit Hardest
Employment geography of industries vulnerable to disruption by virus-related demand declines, shutdowns and layoffs, published 3.17.20.
- McKinsey Report: COVID-19: Implications for business
The coronavirus outbreak is first and foremost a human tragedy, affecting hundreds of thousands of people. It is also having a growing impact on the global economy.
- McKinsey Report: COVID-19 Briefing Notes: Global Health & Crisis Response
Understand the COVID-19 situation and how it may unfold, and take steps to protect employees, customers, supply chains and financial results, published 3.16.20.
- The Conference Board: COVID-19 Implications for Business
A 360° view of implications for business and insights on what’s ahead.
- Guide to business continuity planning during coronavirus
This guide offers information on the effect of the coronavirus on enterprises and the need for pandemic and business continuity planning to keep businesses safe and in operation, published 3.17.20.
- COVID-19 Strategies and Policies of the World’s Largest Companies
Wisdom from the CHRO Roundtable, published 3.15.20.
- World Economic Forum Resource Center
Global views and news.
- Harvard Business Review (HBR) Resources Page
A plethora of resources: From self management to crisis management, leadership, the economy and more.
- McKinsey Resources page
Insights on how organizations respond and what happens next, March 2020.
- How The Coronavirus Pandemic Is Accelerating The Future of Work
Peek into the future. The pandemic is revealing how being nimble, inspiring workforces and having the capacity to be inventive is the path forward.
- What’s happening to how we work? (radio broadcast)
Minnesota Public Radio broadcast on pandemic’s effect on the future of work, in particular, health benefits such as paid sick leave, with professors from the Wharton School and the University of Minnesota.
- Startup World and Funding
Daily update on where investments are happening in business.
- McKinsey: The CIO’s moment: Leadership through the first wave of the coronavirus crisis
Where CIOs should focus their efforts in the next 60-90 days, published 3.2020.
- Search Inside Yourself Leadership Institute
Navigating these Times with Mindfulness & Compassion.
- Ten Words Leaders Should Avoid When Discussing Coronavirus
The general rule when discussing scary topics is to be factual (i.e., use language that’s specific, unemotional and objective).
- Doris Kearns Goodwin MasterClass on Leadership
Learn the components of leadership through the lens of four great presidents from U.S. Presidential Historian Doris Kearns Goodwin (membership).
- Kindercare: Talking With Children about Coronavirus
Help kids process coronavirus information in three simple steps.
- Spotify Playlists for Quarantine
- Good News Network
Balance your news feed with good news with a positive focus.
facts about the spread of the virus